10 ways to get children thinking about science while they play from series 1 of ExpeRimental
You can watch the full videos and download worksheets and certificates for all of these activities on the ExpeRimental website.
By simply asking lots of questions and encouraging children to look closely at the world around them, you can introduce them to the wonderful world of science.
This is Alexandrite, it’s also called “emerald by day, ruby by night”
It changes colour based on whether the light source is from the sun or from a candle.
It does this because Alexandrite strongly absorbs yellow light due to chromium ions in its crystal structure, leaving the other colours behind. Light from the Sun emits all colours, but it peaks in the green, and our eyes are most sensitive to green, so in Sunlight Alexandrite is green.
Incandescent lights are things like candles and filament light bulbs. They also emit all colours of light, but they peak far, far into the red, so there’s not nearly as much green or blue, so under those, Alexandrite is red.
Gemstones are awesome.
the original Gemini birth stone every one!
#darcy to jane
my mom is on the phone with my dad (a microbiologist) and she told him “go to bed, turn off the computer, and just, just don’t do science. don’t do any science”
Sam & Caitriona + Touchy Feely
OCTOBER IS NEXT WEEK
OCTOBER IS THIS WEEK
OCTOBER IS TOMORROW
- Deep conversations and wow i wonder what you look like under that scary mask AU
- Everyone thinks we came to this party as a couple because our costumes match what’s your name AU
- Babe i know it’s halloween but we have to take my little brother/sister trick or treating before we can go out AU
- Working together in a haunted house AU
- You’re dressed as a sexy cop and oh god please arrest me AU
- FUCK! YOU SCARED ME i’m so gonna get you back for that AU
- Carving pumpkins AU
- Working at a halloween store together wow try on his costume for me?? AU
- Dare you to walk through this haunted cemetery with me AU
- Ouija board thinks we should fuck AU
- Aren’t you a little old to be trick or treating?? AU
- This haunted house is terrifying please hold me AU
- accidentally woke the dead AU
- accidentally woke the dead and trying not to let anyone find out AU
- accidentally woke the dead at my mom’s super high-brow Halloween party AU
- secretly a werewolf AU
- my parents are old blood vampires and yours are vampire hunters AU
- showed up at the same house to do a prank AU
- trapped together in a haunted house (gee that sure is an unnatural chill, better snuggle for warmth) AU
- competing to get a trick-or-treating child the most candy AU
- subject of an annual Halloween curse, no big deal AU
- spirit trapped outside body, help me fix this AU
Tagging y’all because it’s October, Halloween is just around a corner. And we all
needwant Lokane AU’s, right? Right?
startraveller776 audreyii-fic lokanemysecretpleasure iamartemisday hollywithaneye-fanfiction aenigmaticdays janinam datseabass magic-n-science-prompts pankolicious16 alexandraya gabikki amalgamads poetattemptsfiction quickswiper
Let’s see if I have some spare time, I can’t promise anything T_T
But I will be very happy if those tagged up there can give us some candy lokane for halloween *wink wink*
" Oh, and as for the matter that’s not "in question?" Where you morons tried to nuke New York? Well that’s on the record. As in we recorded it. We do that; we’re S.H.I.E.L.D. So if you’re thinking about coming after Nick Fury, ever? Think really, really hard."
- Maria Hill
(Super)Heroines Month - Day Sixteen